Friday, June 6, 2014

Catyclia Middleburg 'Maj' x Encyclia bractecens


First bloom for this Encyclia cross in my garden.  Do I have to say I am happy?  Conditions where I grow this plant are challeging for most orchids as it is a windy place where temperatures can soar into the nineties and humidity can be low.  But Encyclia crosses take the wind, the heat and the drought without complaint.  I am mighty pleased with the color of the flowers of this first bloom seedling.  The Enc. bractecens parent does exceedingly well in my garden, because of this I expect that this plant will thrive in my garden.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that somebody may be using your picture w/o your permission:
http://www.marblebranchfarms.com/ep044.html

Ricardo said...

I saw it, it is a common problem in the Internet, I sometimes despair about it, but there is little one can do about such dishonest behavior.