Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Rhynchorides (Perreiraara) Bangkok Sunset



Over the years I have tried to grow Aerides without much success.  I am not sure what I am doing wrong.  So I decided to buy this hybrid to try again.  I suspect that I was not watering and fertilizing with the frequency they need.  So to test this I have put this orchid in a spot in the shade house where I can water it several times a day with a weak fertilizer solution.  Hopefully this one will do well, love the sunset colors of this one.

1 comment:

Boo said...

Where do you live? I'm in Florida and grow mine under a tree with morning sun and filtered somewhat throughout the day. Water the roots once a day in warm weather, fertilize only about once every three weeks. I know I should fertilize more but get a couple of bloomingd per year.